Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,063

    Default

    Ive never had an issue telling people to move. Maybe its the fact i squeeze the girls between the guys IDK LOL. Seems like at least 1/2 them are happy LOL.

    I have been thinking of adding 250 lead to the drivers side to off set my batteries on the port side. My boat actually leans to the Starboard when no one is in it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    De Pere WI
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    cousin used it a lot. not a fan and not in my boat. it's added weight at trailering and when cruising.

    rode in a sanger 237 at the '12 polar bear that had 1500lbs of lead in it. had that boat seen an issue, it's going down.
    helped Scott from sanger unload it at the end of the night. my arms hated me the next day
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    cousin used it a lot. not a fan and not in my boat. it's added weight at trailering and when cruising.

    rode in a sanger 237 at the '12 polar bear that had 1500lbs of lead in it. had that boat seen an issue, it's going down.
    helped Scott from sanger unload it at the end of the night. my arms hated me the next day
    That Sanger was so overloaded, I think a roller could have sunk it. I didn't even want to ride in that boat when we where there. I feel for the new owner and all the wear that engine took its first 20 hours on the lake LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    41

    Default

    My last boat was a mastercraft with no plumbed ballast. I put plastic storage containers in the boat and filled with concrete. The boat was set up for wake boarding with only one setting huge wake. The boat lift winch would work hard to pull that boat out. Man how far boats have come.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Unhappy about our NorCal Lake Levels!
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    That Sanger was so overloaded, I think a roller could have sunk it. I didn't even want to ride in that boat when we where there. I feel for the new owner and all the wear that engine took its first 20 hours on the lake LOL
    In '08 when my business tanked and I sold my Natique, I picked up an old mid-nineties Ski Sanger (had something called a "carburetor" on it) that we used fat sacks to board behind. Didn't get too far from the shore in case the kids needed to swim back!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

    Eric.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming Ga
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Ok guys so I have the 07 LSV and I am running the IBS in it with a locker bag and 2 1100 in the back (pretty typical set up right)

    I am running johnson reversible pumps and I still get air in both bags. I dont like to run them all the way down so the pumps are sucking air because I dont feel like replacing impellers all the time.

    Questions:

    1. For those that have this setup with johnson pumps how do you have the inlet and vent lines run on the IBS and Locker Bag? Maybe I just have them incorrectly run.

    2. I dont fill the back all the way up but I still feel like I could put more in the back IF i had more in the front. 90% of the time I dont have anyone with me on the boat accept for the wife. When I do have others on the boat I fill up the back fuller and make them all sit in the front and the wake is AWESOME. So that tells me that I need more weight in the front for 90% of my riding. I am thinking like 300-400. What would you guys recommend in my situation? I think air in the bag is inevitable so I think I am only getting like 350-400 in the nose on a good day in the IBS, and maybe 300 in the locker.

    I was thinking lead in the front or concrete, or maybe adding a few fat bricks and plumbing them in somehow, or just filling them and leaving them full. I dont know what to do. Fatty needs a little more wake. Yes I am on a diet too.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    In your case I'd say a bow filler cushion and one of these http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-open-bow-sac.html since you're not often worried about moving people around.
    Sinks a lot slower than lead!

    The lead interests me but at $1/lb that's spendy ballast. With my offset (kinda stupid) cabin seating arrangement favoring one side, the lead may be a nice way to weight the starboard side for balance and/or goofy surfing.



    (or slamming the normal surf side just for the helluvit)
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I use the triangle sac mentioned above. If you dont need the room in the bow it slams the front!!!!

    I also have 6 pop bags I use to move around the cabin. And for evening out the boat lead in soft bags is great.

    The IBS only fills to about 400-500 right? I know my triangle fills to double that.
    If you already have the IBS you can always get a 400 sac to put in the walkway also.

    for those of you running the 1100's in the rear ( I got 750's) does the wakeboard wake get that much better? I know fuel consumption goes way up but is it THAT much better then the 750's?
    I know my 07 LSV likes more in the nose and it drives like a pig the way I have it now....lol
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming Ga
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Thanks for the information, the whole reason I went with the IBS is to keep everything under the seats so you don't see it and so there is no mess with pumps and hoses. I was really looking for a more permanent solution or at least one that was hidden.

    How about the questions about the way I have the IBS and the locker bags plumbed. Does anyone have anything rigged up on theirs to help with the air issues.

    I also had a not so conventional idea of "maybe" redoing the trim tab on the bottom to dig in a little more when in the down position. I would think that this would make the nose plow into the water a little more right. Maybe a new larger tab that sticks off the back further? What are the thoughts on that idea?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Thanks for the information, the whole reason I went with the IBS is to keep everything under the seats so you don't see it and so there is no mess with pumps and hoses. I was really looking for a more permanent solution or at least one that was hidden.

    How about the questions about the way I have the IBS and the locker bags plumbed. Does anyone have anything rigged up on theirs to help with the air issues.

    I also had a not so conventional idea of "maybe" redoing the trim tab on the bottom to dig in a little more when in the down position. I would think that this would make the nose plow into the water a little more right. Maybe a new larger tab that sticks off the back further? What are the thoughts on that idea?
    I run vent lines on all my bags, and a 1 way check valve on the vent. This way when the pump is draining, I dont get air through the vent.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •