Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    So I just got off the phone with my Nissan dealership and they said that pushing 57-5800 will be stretching it (As many here have said). He recommended dropping down the to Mondo.

    I am looking at pricing etc. Is the 345 recommended on the Mondo as well? Dealer is saying 330 is plenty with the 1235 prop.

    The Mondo I drove had the 330 in it with full factory ballast and 2 people on board was more than enough. If you plan on slamming it like Mike I would do the 345. I had the 325 in both my LSV and XLV and did not really wish for more but once or twice when running at full speed to get away from storms.

    As my wife said years ago when we bought our 23' Rinker cuddy vs the 21' Rinker cuddy. do what you want, but donlt complain later. So we got the 23'.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belton, Texas
    Posts
    2,571

    Default looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

    the Nissan could be involved in a wreck a week after you buy the boat and then you don't have the Nissan any longer or, you could blow the motor and have more cash in that repair than a good 1/2 ton truck off of craigslist. I wouldn't buy a boat around my truck. buy what your heart is content on and at this point that sounds like the mojo.

    if your anything like a lot of us on here you'll own 3 different trucks before you pay the boat off. I'm personally on my 4th!


    Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

    Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    the Nissan could be involved in a wreck a week after you buy the boat and then you don't have the Nissan any longer or, you could blow the motor and have more cash in that repair than a good 1/2 ton truck off of craigslist. I wouldn't buy a boat around my truck. buy what your heart is content on and at this point that sounds like the mojo.

    if your anything like a lot of us on here you'll own 3 different trucks before you pay the boat off. I'm personally on my 4th!


    Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    I resemble this as well LOL.
    06 F150 pulled LSV
    06 F350 pulled LSV
    08 F350 pulled LSV and Mojo
    13 F150 pulling Mojo

    LOL

    When I buy vechicles, boats, ext.

    I always think,
    Malo what is realistic in what you NEED?
    Malo what do you want?
    Whats the real price difference and payments?

    Now when you are in X vechilce and see Y will you regret not buying Y?

    If i can afford Y I buy Y. Thats how I personally do it.

    Now granted I dont have kids to deal with, we don't go on big vacations, we don't eat out a lot, we live in a much smaller home then what <society> says we can afford. I am always watching what we spend. So this is my Budget.
    On average we save 1K a month and this allows me purchase power when I need it.

    At the end of the day you need to buy whats Best for your Budget. Thats the bottom Line.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,207

    Default

    1989 Chapparal w/ Evinrude 88
    1996 Subird w/Evinrude 115
    2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2008 Moomba LSV . . . . . . . all towed with 2001 Chevy Suburban.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    98 Dakota and 99 Rodeo pulled the 99 Rinker bowrider
    02 Sequoia pulled the 99 Rinker, 02 Rinker
    06 Duramax (Work Truck) has pulled 02 Rinker Cuddy, 05 Ebbtide 2600CBR, 07 Moomba XLV, 06 Mooba LSV and my tow the 14 Mondo
    04 Tundra pulled the Rinker and Ebbtide
    05 QX56 pulled the Rinker, Ebbtide, XLV
    09 Chevy 1500 (Work Truck) pulled the XLV and LSV
    10 Traverse once pulled the XLV and a few times the LSV
    13 Suburban (Work Truck) pulled the 06 LSV and will mainly tow the Mondo
    As you can see some of us have problems trading boats or Truck or both.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kaukauna, WI - 3minutes from glass
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    10 Traverse once pulled the XLV and a few times the LSV
    Man you are nuts aren't you? The XLV had to look like it was going to eat the Traverse.


    BTW:
    04 Tahoe pulling a 02 LSV (outback v)
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - Waiting patiently for my build date.
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

    "Hey you only live once"

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    945

    Default looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

    2006 SeaRay - towed with 2004 Escalade (6.0l) and 2009 Suburban (5.3) - wish I still had a 6.0l

    2010 XLV - 2009 Suburban - really wish that I had a 6.0l
    2010 Moomba XLV
    340hp cat
    Gravity 3, wake plate
    Rad-a-cage

    I have a love for ballast and large wakes.
    1100 v-drive lockers
    1180 under the playpen
    + lead and a collection of other ballast bags

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Man you are nuts aren't you? The XLV had to look like it was going to eat the Traverse.


    BTW:
    04 Tahoe pulling a 02 LSV (outback v)
    NO not NUTS, it was for about 4 or 5 miles and I wanted to get on the water. All city streets either 35 or 25. it did better than expected. Nuts would be putting on the freeway with that combo.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    2006 SeaRay - towed with 2004 Escalade (6.0l) and 2009 Suburban (5.3) - wish I still had a 6.0l

    2010 XLV - 2009 Suburban - really wish that I had a 6.0l

    What rearend does your Suburban have, the first on the dealer tried to sell me had the 3.23 not good for towing. And yes wish I had the 6.2 L in the Suburban that I had in the 1500 crew cab.

    You know all this truck talk once he picks up his new boat we all might know what's next. Maybe we all need help

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    945

    Default looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    What rearend does your Suburban have, the first on the dealer tried to sell me had the 3.23 not good for towing. And yes wish I had the 6.2 L in the Suburban that I had in the 1500 crew cab.

    You know all this truck talk once he picks up his new boat we all might know what's next. Maybe we all need help
    I do not recall. It has the towing package which I believe came with a better gear ratio but it has been a long time since I checked the build data.
    2010 Moomba XLV
    340hp cat
    Gravity 3, wake plate
    Rad-a-cage

    I have a love for ballast and large wakes.
    1100 v-drive lockers
    1180 under the playpen
    + lead and a collection of other ballast bags

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •