Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Wakesurf Rope

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,297

    Default

    Ehh, just learn to paddle real fast. No need for any rope at all
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    This is about as dangerous as surfing behind an I/O.
    I've always heard this argument but can't wrap my head around it (pun intended). I can't figure how the entanglement risk is any greater than wakeboarding or wakeskating.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Wakesurf Rope

    Going slower it gets wrapped around your arm then drags you until something gives.. Wake boarding t you're generally holding on with your fingers..

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belton, Texas
    Posts
    2,573

    Default Wakesurf Rope

    with surfing you generally get slack in the rope from speeding up and trying to find sweet spot. if you lose the sweet spot and then get tension on rope from falling back in wave that's where you have a problem with wakeboarding rope/handle


    Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

    Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I've used them all,

    I don't mind the hadle-less style but as the day goes on your grip gets tired and getting up is harder. Plus new people, older people, and younging can have a hard time holding just a rope to get up.

    T-Handle works well and gives you a small handle to grab but I have been hit so many times with the T in the face, and head I got rid of it.

    I prefer the mini triangle, it allows you to cup your hands, or use 1 hand to get up. Pretty hard to get your arm stuck in it. Only been hit in the face 1 time by it lol.

    We have the style with the thick rope and it has knots, and sections that are removable to change the overall length.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I've used them all,

    I don't mind the hadle-less style but as the day goes on your grip gets tired and getting up is harder. Plus new people, older people, and younging can have a hard time holding just a rope to get up.

    T-Handle works well and gives you a small handle to grab but I have been hit so many times with the T in the face, and head I got rid of it.

    I prefer the mini triangle, it allows you to cup your hands, or use 1 hand to get up. Pretty hard to get your arm stuck in it. Only been hit in the face 1 time by it lol.

    We have the style with the thick rope and it has knots, and sections that are removable to change the overall length.

    I forgot about getting hit in the face/hand with he other ropes...

    Do you guys play the wakesurf horseshoe game?

    Once you're up try tossing the triangle onto the ski pylon...
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Naperville, IL || North Scott Lake, MI
    Posts
    669

    Default

    I tried to make my own with really heavy yet softer rope and many knots, but found the issue that Mike mentions -- a lot of people without much hand strength had a tough time holding on to it, including me.

    I got one very similar to the one in Drew's pic and so far everyone loves it. I don't have near the amount of experience using it as some of these other guys, but we have had no issues with getting tangled in it nor anyone getting clubbed in the head yet (knock on wood).
    Mike

    2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    403

    Default Wakesurf Rope

    Ok, I think I'm buying in to the mini triangle. I'll probably order up the one in Drew's link.

    On to the next noob surf question... Toss the rope over the wave or back into the boat? In the vid from Drew's link, they say toss it over the wave and have someone reel it in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    Exile SXT9's, Xi12D, Javelin, 800.4, ZLD MKII

    2012 F150 Ecoboost

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,508

    Default Re: Wakesurf Rope

    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Do you guys play the wakesurf horseshoe game?

    Once you're up try tossing the triangle onto the ski pylon...
    Every single time


    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 24SSV

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Ok, I think I'm buying in to the mini triangle. I'll probably order up the one in Drew's link.

    On to the next noob surf question... Toss the rope over the wave or back into the boat? In the vid from Drew's link, they say toss it over the wave and have someone reel it in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have found it easier when your new to just drop it, or toss it over the wave.

    2 things happen when you try to toss it to the boat being new,
    1 your concentrating on not hitting someone in the boat,
    2 you tend to lean forward on the board when you toss the rope leading to falling off the wave.

    Dropping it doesn't cause this.
    Tossing it over the wave is really the best when your new because if anything it causes you to lean into the wave and that's a good thing
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •