Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lake Lure, NC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    we have 60-64 degrees at Lake Lure, NC. much better than Feb 28th- 51 degrees! gosh was that cold. one run...done!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    The Columbia has lots of little floaters in it too with the high water levels.



    Then there's the 3-4mph current to deal with. Can definitely play havoc on trying to dial in a good wave! I second the suggestion to stick to the lake.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Naperville, IL || North Scott Lake, MI
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    .....or hear us for sure LOL
    I will probably be working in the yard here outside Chicago -- 2000+ miles away -- but I will be listening cause I'm guessing I might hear you as well!!
    2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    352

    Default How to configure flow surf

    There is a nice vid in Vimeo, "Moomba Flow Interview (Matt Brown)". Google it... Might answer a few of your questions.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    Exile SXT9's, Xi12D, Javelin, 800.4, ZLD MKII

    2012 F150 Ecoboost

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    There is a nice vid in Vimeo, "Moomba Flow Interview (Matt Brown)". Google it... Might answer a few of your questions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOYHrtsydE

    Met Matt when we did the tour, super nice guy.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Yeah, the Willy isn't an option yet. Will consider Hagg. Wonder if the weather is going to cooperate? No dry suit yet but am dying to take it for a cruise. Moving from an outboard to a V drive. Definitely need some practice before I tackle busy boat ramps/docks. Trailering is going to take some getting used to.
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow

    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

    -CJ

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lake Lure, NC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I went from a stern drive to the V drive. boat ramp was just the same really, and it purrs so sweet in reverse. HOWEVER these babies have about ZERO steering ability in reverse!!!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrd8ker View Post
    Yeah, the Willy isn't an option yet. Will consider Hagg. Wonder if the weather is going to cooperate? No dry suit yet but am dying to take it for a cruise. Moving from an outboard to a V drive. Definitely need some practice before I tackle busy boat ramps/docks. Trailering is going to take some getting used to.
    I'd be happy to show you a few pointers in docking and trailing the boat if you want. Let me know. Once you do it a few times its pretty easy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    4,096

    Default How to configure flow surf

    Quote Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
    I went from a stern drive to the V drive. boat ramp was just the same really, and it purrs so sweet in reverse. HOWEVER these babies have about ZERO steering ability in reverse!!!
    They steer great in reverse as long as you want to go backwards to starboard...


    Sent from my iPhone
    David

    2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •