Default Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

Can anyone get a quick measurement and let me know what the thickness is of the rear compartment wall / separator? (see below) Doesn't really matter what year/model boat you have.

I'm about to rebuild/replace my existing ones that aren't cutting it for the new split cushion sundeck support.

Debating on going with 1/2" vs 3/4". The 1100 bags put a fair amount of stress on it, but then again I'm wondering if going thicker is overkill as these sheets are spendy stuff.

Thanks

I do all my own stunts

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Re: Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Can anyone get a quick measurement and let me know what the thickness is of the rear compartment wall / separator? (see below) Doesn't really matter what year/model boat you have.

I'm about to rebuild/replace my existing ones that aren't cutting it for the new split cushion sundeck support.

Debating on going with 1/2" vs 3/4". The 1100 bags put a fair amount of stress on it, but then again I'm wondering if going thicker is overkill as these sheets are spendy stuff.

Thanks

Walls are 1/2" thick.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

Thanks Joe - do they seem beefy enough to you? My old ones are covered with carpet on both sides so it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how thick they are. But I can see they've flexed a little.
    I do all my own stunts

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Re: Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Thanks Joe - do they seem beefy enough to you? My old ones are covered with carpet on both sides so it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how thick they are. But I can see they've flexed a little.
    If you are sticking with the 1100's, then I would strengthen them with aluminum like others have done on the forum. The 750's in my OBV caused the walls to flex, so I a sure the 1100's will flex more.
    Last edited by jstenger; 04-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

3/4 is way over kill