Default wiring tower speakers

So I just noticed on my OZ HD tower the port side up right does not connect with the cross bar which is where the factory hole and grommet are. Why would they do that? Curious if anyone has wired up the port side and how did you get over to the cross bar. Do I really need to wire both from the starboard side?
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

I came up the port side for both speakers but I did not use the factory holes on the crossbar -- I just mounted them on the main bar like others have done.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

It's not a great pic but this shows where I mounted mine...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424178739.862073.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mbusch5 View Post
    So I just noticed on my OZ HD tower the port side up right does not connect with the cross bar which is where the factory hole and grommet are. Why would they do that? Curious if anyone has wired up the port side and how did you get over to the cross bar. Do I really need to wire both from the starboard side?
    The missing hole has been brought up many times, but the factory has done nothing about adding it. I too did not use the center crossbar. My 4 Exiles are mounted to the front bar only.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

a few options,
    1- mount the speakers on the up rights, run wire around the bow for the starboard side.
    2- drill a hole in the port upright to jump over to the cross bar, entering the factory hole and drill new holes for the speakers.
    3- make the factory hole larger oblong and use a long drill bit to drill back thru the upright from inside the cross bar, make sure your speaker clamp will fit in the factory location to cover the larger hole.

I have done option 2 and 3..
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Here is mine.

Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

Thanks for the replies. I still need to pull the boat out and raise the tower to see where my speakers fit best. I will certainly look at the main upright as an option now. Was hoping to at least have the wire pre run to the factory holes....oh well.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    The missing hole has been brought up many times, but the factory has done nothing about adding it.
    Just so everyone is clear, "the factory" for the towers isn't Skier's Choice. The towers, just like the motors and other components, are purchased from a 3rd party. There may be issues with fabrication, tooling or simply on-hand inventory that has to be run through before changes can be made.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

Thanks for clarifying. That is what I meant.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

No worries.

That was more for some of the new folks that have been checking things out after the boat shows. I think SC does as good of a job as any manufacturer in monitoring their forum and incorporating owner's ideas into the boats whether they are minor details or major upgrades. Some things may not happen as quick as we'd like, but most times they do happen.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV