Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 247

Thread: 2015 models...

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Well that is good to hear. The thing with me is I am not looking for a monster Harley sized wake, my main concern is side to side weight sensitivity and if I load it up for me to ride, can i back the speed down from 22ish to 19 and keep it clean? We go out with a lot of different people of different skill levels and it is always a pain when someone doesn't want to ride as fast as me and we have to waster time dumping water in order to get them a clean wake at the speed they want to ride at. Or having to constantly tell people to move here or there to keep the wake clean side to side. Going out with new people who dont understand weight distribution makes it difficult because they never stay where I tell them too until I yell at them and now I am boat nazi and it's just a pain to have to tell them where to sit. If the new boat fixes these concerns I am all about brand loyalty.
    I have this very same problem David and totally agree with you, it's a pain to shift people, especially when you have little kids in the boat or an infant that needs to be in the shade all of the time. I ride at 23 while most others that come in my boat ride at 22 or 21 or even 19 if they're a real newbie. At 19 my wake is a wash-fest on one side. I haven't messed with adding some more weight in the bow yet but I need to get a portable tsunami pump and hose + connectors to do this.
    Last edited by Cigars n scotch; 07-11-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    2008 Supra 21V
    2,600 lbs., Gravity III
    Z5 Cargo Rack
    Stereo: Pair of Wetsounds Pro 80's, Rockford Fosgate P500-2, Kicker ZX200.4, Exile ZLD, stock Kicker in-cabins, stock Kenwood HU
    Tow rig: 2008 Slate Tundra, Bilstein 5100's (F&R), 295/65/18 wrapped in Duratracs

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    lets hope this is a surf-specific boat unlike the rest of the supra line.

    I'd be intrigued. if it doesn't carry a 6-figure pricetag, could see a tige for sale next spring.
    The SC i thought stood for "Surf Centered". I thought that WAS a surf specific boat.
    David

    2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,985

    Default

    I thought so Too! that the SC was the surf boat, looks like 21ft is not the sweet spot and 23 to 24ft will be back in production for surf oriented boats.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    De Pere WI
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    everything I have seen on all the new supra releases are wakeboard hulls with the added flow system to aid in surfing.
    I strayed from SC with my latest boat as it's really a surf hull first and quite honestly, is not a very good wakeboard wake out of the box but I could care less. I really want to upgrade to a z3. it's surf first and I don't think I've ever seen a post talking about what a killer wakeboard wake it has. if SC reveals this type of boat, it will peak my interest. when the SC was released, you didn't see it pulling wakesurf contests, but I know it was featured an hour south of here pulling a wakeboard competition.

    I still see a lot of wakeboarders on the water and I know there are quite a few on here, but I think there are more out there that would follow my line if thinking- surf hull first and foremost and a mediocre wakeboard wake.
    I see and hear more posts about how to get a better surf wake as even as a beginnner, you need length, height and push. wakeboard wakes don't need to be x-star or g23 caliber for 99% of those out there.
    my thoughts anyway. lets see a surf-specific hull/boat, and not a 6 figure pricetag.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryville
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    everything I have seen on all the new supra releases are wakeboard hulls with the added flow system to aid in surfing.
    I strayed from SC with my latest boat as it's really a surf hull first and quite honestly, is not a very good wakeboard wake out of the box but I could care less. I really want to upgrade to a z3. it's surf first and I don't think I've ever seen a post talking about what a killer wakeboard wake it has. if SC reveals this type of boat, it will peak my interest. when the SC was released, you didn't see it pulling wakesurf contests, but I know it was featured an hour south of here pulling a wakeboard competition.

    I still see a lot of wakeboarders on the water and I know there are quite a few on here, but I think there are more out there that would follow my line if thinking- surf hull first and foremost and a mediocre wakeboard wake.
    I see and hear more posts about how to get a better surf wake as even as a beginnner, you need length, height and push. wakeboard wakes don't need to be x-star or g23 caliber for 99% of those out there.
    my thoughts anyway. lets see a surf-specific hull/boat, and not a 6 figure pricetag.
    The SC was specifically mentioned at having one of the best surf wakes (alongside the G23 and Centurion Enzo) at the Southern Surf Fest, which I'm sure Drew can back me up on. Considering just about every brand was represented at that event, I think that speaks for the quality of the wake surf wake on the SC. The fact that it has an awesome wakeboard AND wakesurf wake shows that SC did their homework on the new hulls. Have you been behind an SC?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,544

    Default

    I was thinking the same as Mobius22. I thought the feedback on the SC surf wave has been really good? The wakeboard wake is definately getting good feedback. The new models, SC and SA, cure the problem David was mentioning with the side-to-side weight and finicky wake.

    Whether or not it pulls an event, surf or wake, probably has more to do with marketing, coordinators, etc than it does a boats ability to produce a good wave or wake.

    Not a chance the new Supra retails less than 100k but maybe you can get out the door under 6 figures?

    I hate to say this but as a big boat fan on a used budget ... the A24 has caught my eye even though I don't really like the look. An SA with Swell can't get used fast enough for me! Unless the banks start taking them back.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    187

    Default SC

    The SC is a Surf First boat, but it is an incredible Wake product as well. Being one does not exclude it from being another. As to events.... Supra is pulling at least one World Series Of Surf event this year (Seattle) and several other big regional events...with the SC. As to Wakeboarding, Supra pulls the WWA Wakeboarding World Championships, the premier event in Wake. I would expect to see the SE in attendance.

    Either way....They are now all powered by the 6.2L Raptor!

    Anybody seen a new Moomba laying around?

    Rick

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Will the 6.2 be closed loop cooling & have cats ?
    I see this being a very costly engine for the end user in the long run ��
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    Will the 6.2 be closed loop cooling & have cats ?
    I see this being a very costly engine for the end user in the long run ��
    IT is closed cooled and does have Cats. Cost of Maintenance and warranty should be greatly improved due to it being closed cooled.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I was thinking the same as Mobius22. I thought the feedback on the SC surf wave has been really good? The wakeboard wake is definately getting good feedback. The new models, SC and SA, cure the problem David was mentioning with the side-to-side weight and finicky wake.
    This fixes it in the SUPRA line but we still need a good wake board wake for the people who want to buy new and do not have 100k lying around. I am with you on the SA is not getting used fast enough and I would like to have something a little bigger so if that means an even longer wait for a bigger used SA then that puts me in a bad spot. It is either leave Skiers Choice or they come out with a moomba that fits the needs. And I really do not want to leave SC but when spending that kind of money you kind of have to go with what fits your needs.
    David

    2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •