Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Sounds to me like the prop is catching air... I had this happen years ago when pulling a tube hard with the stock prop and trying to slam through turns.

    Do you really need the sharp turn at speed? Somebody may start getting on you about the "no-no" power turns....
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I was also wondering if having two scags in front . . .
    Man, you got a Moomba. No reason to be hauling scags around anymore.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Man, you got a Moomba. No reason to be hauling scags around anymore.
    Can i take them off?
    2005 XLV Gravity Games Edition

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Sounds to me like the prop is catching air... I had this happen years ago when pulling a tube hard with the stock prop and trying to slam through turns.

    Do you really need the sharp turn at speed? Somebody may start getting on you about the "no-no" power turns....
    Definitely what it feels like and it does happen when i'm pulling tubes...lol
    2005 XLV Gravity Games Edition

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Man, you got a Moomba. No reason to be hauling scags around anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Can i take them off?
    I believe spell checker messed up that post and the g was supposed ta be "anks"... Just sayin
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I believe spell checker messed up that post and the g was supposed ta be "anks"... Just sayin
    So it's ok to take the scanks off?

    Haven't taken one off to see if it would leave holes in my hull or not.
    2005 XLV Gravity Games Edition

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Definitely time to get rid of the skanks.

    I'd leave the skags though. Maybe just quit trying to kill yer tubers.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Definitely time to get rid of the skanks.

    I'd leave the skags though. Maybe just quit trying to kill yer tubers.
    LOL...went RIGHT over my head. My tubers are adrenaline junkies, they like living on the edge... ..of course they all complain the next day...lol
    2005 XLV Gravity Games Edition

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Claytor Lake, VA
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Those are tracking fins and you don't want to remove them. You're cavitating your prop when the boat heaves over during the tight turns. You really don't need to turn that hard to throw people off the tube.
    2005 Mobius LSV

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    +1 on not removing the tracking fins.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •