Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Fresno, Ca
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I had a shop do my rear seat on my Nautique years ago and the guy matched it very well by using a slightly off white to match with the slight fading. You don't really notice fading until you put a new piece up next to the old. There are multiple shades of every color for this reason. A good shop can match it very very close. Nobody ever knew it had the seat redone. Make sure you write down the color used just in case you need to replace other sections in the near future.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Oh, and if you're thinking about the actual pattern of color stripes, don't worry about that. The upholstery shop will easily pattern it off of the existing vinyl. That Herman's shop is exactly the type of place you want to go. Just take it to them for an estimate and "interview" them a bit with your questions/concerns.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rice Lake, Ontario
    Posts
    650

    Default

    yikes, stopped by that Herman's place finally... nothing they had in Marine matched the Moomba blue nor the same stamping, and quoted it would be around $700 to repair the 3 cushions..

    he recommended I call "Dr. Vinyl" in the area and he should be able to fix it up with some liquid vinyl for a fraction of the price...


    here's a shot of some of the rip..


    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Lake: Rice lake, Ontario
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-550U
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"

    If you're from the area and want to surf, send me a PM!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    169

    Default

    How do you store your boat? I ask because my vinyl developed a handful of small cracks in the exact same location as yours. On mine, it is now very obvious that that back edge of the vinyl is hard and brittle but the rest is still nice and supple. The only explanation that I can come up with is that it has something to do with the cover being in contact with that edge. We store ours outside, with the cover on.

    Sadly, $700 for all three of those sounds about right. Vinyl is cheap enough, but the labor is not. The vinyl patch repair should work well if the vinyl is in good shape (not brittle like mine)
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Naperville, IL || North Scott Lake, MI
    Posts
    654

    Default

    You could also stop by Home Depot and pick up some vinyl repair. It won't look the greatest, but it will be clear and at least stop the tears from getting bigger. I have done that before and it works pretty well.

    So depending on your level of OCD you could get away with a $10-15 bill!!
    Mike

    2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rice Lake, Ontario
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    How do you store your boat? I ask because my vinyl developed a handful of small cracks in the exact same location as yours. On mine, it is now very obvious that that back edge of the vinyl is hard and brittle but the rest is still nice and supple. The only explanation that I can come up with is that it has something to do with the cover being in contact with that edge. We store ours outside, with the cover on.

    Sadly, $700 for all three of those sounds about right. Vinyl is cheap enough, but the labor is not. The vinyl patch repair should work well if the vinyl is in good shape (not brittle like mine)
    stored outdoors in the water all sumer with a crappy OEM cover (Evolution on order)... back edge where cracks are face the sun as well.. i assume always wet+sun did this?

    stored indoors in a just above freezing barn all winter.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Lake: Rice lake, Ontario
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-550U
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"

    If you're from the area and want to surf, send me a PM!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rice Lake, Ontario
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    You could also stop by Home Depot and pick up some vinyl repair. It won't look the greatest, but it will be clear and at least stop the tears from getting bigger. I have done that before and it works pretty well.

    So depending on your level of OCD you could get away with a $10-15 bill!!
    too scary for me.. I try to keep my boat perfect.. unfortunately things keep happening to it ;(
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Lake: Rice lake, Ontario
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-550U
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"

    If you're from the area and want to surf, send me a PM!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,038

    Default

    That's also a high traffic area climbing back and forth to the swim platform. I've tried the TearAid vinyl patch stuff and it doesn't work all that great in a location like that... Curious about the liquid vinyl stuff though.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rice Lake, Ontario
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    That's also a high traffic area climbing back and forth to the swim platform. I've tried the TearAid vinyl patch stuff and it doesn't work all that great in a location like that... Curious about the liquid vinyl stuff though.
    I'll update when the doctor calls me.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Lake: Rice lake, Ontario
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-550U
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"

    If you're from the area and want to surf, send me a PM!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,047

    Default Re: 06 LSV rear locker covers cracking

    Have the entire cushion recovered with one color to save on labor or materials.

    It's a pretty easy repair, anyone with basic sewing skills can cut the blue piece out and replace it. You can order the viynl from skiers choice, $35 a yard..
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •