Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My wife actually enjoys driving the boat. in fact, when it comes to pulling a surfer, she's easily as good of a driver as I am.

Those of you with a wife that won't drive, do you have perfect pass? I do and it makes ALL the difference. When you take the whole maintaining the perfect speed out of the equation, it's pretty damn easy for her to drive. She's literally never been behind the wheel of a boat EVER and was able to get up to speed driving quite quickly.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 1999 Audi A6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

My wife drove our SN just a handful of times for the 13 years we owned it. She has tripled that with the Supra in the three years we have had it. My son drives mostly (supervised) when I'm being pulled. He started when he was ten. All due to PP.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Those of you with a wife that won't drive, do you have perfect pass? I do and it makes ALL the difference.
    ^^^ completely agree........I have my 16 yr old daughter drive all the time (though she isn't really in love with the idea) and as long as you have someone who can operate a steering wheel then there's really nothing else to it.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Guts to do Invert

Yes, we have PP. For her it isn't matter of keeping speed, but being afraid of being the one responsible for where the boat is going and the people in it. She's afraid she'll hit something submerged, turn the boat wrong and someone will fly off the seat, etc...she's a worrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Mobius LSV
    Gravity III ballast
    Wakeboard prop
    2 Wetsounds Pro 80's, 2 Wetsounds MB8's

^^That's a good thing

My wife drives for me all time. We started going out with just the two of us during the week and there was no dock where we launch at so you can not just tie the boat to a dock while you park the truck so she had to learn quick how to load and unload from the trailer. Now she does it so often she is probably more proficient at it than I am. She was also forced to learn to pull me since when we go out with just us two I still want to ride. Now she will even pull doubles although she doesn't like too.
    David

2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    My wife drives for me all time. We started going out with just the two of us during the week and there was no dock where we launch at so you can not just tie the boat to a dock while you park the truck so she had to learn quick how to load and unload from the trailer. Now she does it so often she is probably more proficient at it than I am. She was also forced to learn to pull me since when we go out with just us two I still want to ride. Now she will even pull doubles although she doesn't like too.
    You and your LAX Texas rules!!!! We HAVE to have a spotter by law in both WA and OR. :-/
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 1999 Audi A6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    You know I'm there with you. I don't think I've ever trailered this boat. Jill always makes fun of the helpless people that can't get the boat off of the trailer (or on). We saw a lady this weekend whose job was to sit there holding the boat on a leash until her husband got back to it.

She does get mad when she realizes she has driven more than I have on any given day (which are most days).
    Matt
    2012 LSV
    4 XM9 Towers
    Javelin & XM30.2
    Xi 12DVC Sub
    2 6V Golf Cart Batteries
    FAE