Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Peru, IL
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Yea Boat ran excellent! No problems whatsoever.
    I couldn't have been happier. I just need to do a few minor adjustments on the carb.
    Finally no more issues to deal with and she will be getting put away here in a few weeks for winter.....

    Thanks again to everyone who helped me out!

    Aaron
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lake Hickory, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    We are happy for you. With all work you've done on it, should not have to revisit those areas for quite a while.
    .
    B

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    So from what I can tell the only "Real" problem that would not let the boat run was the oil pressure switch being wired incorrectly? I am soooo glad you got her fixed, like B said I bet she runs REAL good now that you have replaced all those other parts. It was probably something that needed to be done anyway since the boat was not run for a long time before you bought it.

    Where is this pressure switch located? I would like to know just in case I end up with a similar problem. Glad to hear the boat is behaving!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Peru, IL
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JesseC
    So from what I can tell the only "Real" problem that would not let the boat run was the oil pressure switch being wired incorrectly? I am soooo glad you got her fixed, like B said I bet she runs REAL good now that you have replaced all those other parts. It was probably something that needed to be done anyway since the boat was not run for a long time before you bought it.

    Where is this pressure switch located? I would like to know just in case I end up with a similar problem. Glad to hear the boat is behaving!


    Yea I am assuming it was the incorrect wiring on the oil pressure switch and on the fuel pump as well. Like I said I think the previous owner was messing with stuff and didn't know what he was doing. The carb. was also due for a rebuild because it still had all factory gaskets on it.

    Oh yea she's running like brand new now. I'm sure everything was needed along with replacing alot of parts since it sat alot. So along with giving her a good tune up I also replaced alot of parts. If not I kept all the old stuff as well.

    The oil pressure switch is located on the back of the motor right kind of below the distributor. It threads into the block.
    Here is the exact one I bought:
    http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/big...e.asp?RecId=88

    So I guess this was an experience for me. Learned alot along with rebuilding my first carb and also did one hell of a tune up. Hopefully nothing goes wrong for a while!

    Aaron
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

  5. #15
    Sled491 Guest

    Default

    Thank God for EFI

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lake Hickory, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Too bad it's time to put her away for her winter nap.
    .

    .
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    .
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Peru, IL
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttafewcoe
    Too bad it's time to put her away for her winter nap.
    .

    .
    B

    NAH not yet.... Still some time left. I had her out Friday and air temp was around 54 degrees and I was pulling my buddy on his board. Water temp is in the mid to upper 60's. Glad it wasn't me in the water
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Millington TN
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWhitt82
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseC
    So from what I can tell the only "Real" problem that would not let the boat run was the oil pressure switch being wired incorrectly? I am soooo glad you got her fixed, like B said I bet she runs REAL good now that you have replaced all those other parts. It was probably something that needed to be done anyway since the boat was not run for a long time before you bought it.

    Where is this pressure switch located? I would like to know just in case I end up with a similar problem. Glad to hear the boat is behaving!


    Yea I am assuming it was the incorrect wiring on the oil pressure switch and on the fuel pump as well. Like I said I think the previous owner was messing with stuff and didn't know what he was doing. The carb. was also due for a rebuild because it still had all factory gaskets on it.

    Oh yea she's running like brand new now. I'm sure everything was needed along with replacing alot of parts since it sat alot. So along with giving her a good tune up I also replaced alot of parts. If not I kept all the old stuff as well.

    The oil pressure switch is located on the back of the motor right kind of below the distributor. It threads into the block.
    Here is the exact one I bought:
    http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/big...e.asp?RecId=88

    So I guess this was an experience for me. Learned alot along with rebuilding my first carb and also did one hell of a tune up. Hopefully nothing goes wrong for a while!

    Aaron
    I wish you would have gone to your dealer instead of buying the switch you bought. We used to use that switch and stopped several years ago because that switch was unreliable. We developed a kit (S496007) that replaced that switch with a new two pole switch that has proven to be a much more robust part.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ISLAND LAKE IL
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Engine Nut the kit you speak of -S496007- what year engines are these available for? I have an 02 Carb. from S.Choice. I despise that oil pressure switch as mine would intermitently work until i solved it similar story to Aarons. I also made a wire jumper system to bypass in case of failure which we all know they do.

    Chris

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Millington TN
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKOUTLS
    Engine Nut the kit you speak of -S496007- what year engines are these available for? I have an 02 Carb. from S.Choice. I despise that oil pressure switch as mine would intermitently work until i solved it similar story to Aarons. I also made a wire jumper system to bypass in case of failure which we all know they do.

    Chris
    It will fit any of our carbureted engines but was specifically designed for engines that were originally built with a three pole switch to convert it to a two pole switch. Find the switch on your engine, it's right by the distributor. Count the number of terminals on the switch. If yours has three terminals you may be a candidate for the kit.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Similar Threads

  1. No Sound after audio install when boat runs?????
    By sethscott in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 10:41 PM
  2. No fuel at carb
    By 57tom in forum Service & Repair
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
  3. boat will not start after long runs
    By speedy in forum Service & Repair
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 07:09 AM
  4. Fuel Issues / Carb Issues?
    By jon_n_andrea in forum Service & Repair
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 04:29 AM
  5. carb versus fuel injection
    By 55ChevyBrad in forum Boat Owners
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •