I am going to talk to a dealer tomorrow about his 2000 Mobius 21' Inmar direct drive for sale (18,990). Do any of you have good questions I should ask or things I should look out for?
I have been reading up and below is what I need to check:
1. Cracks in the gel coat
2. Carb or EFI motor
Help me out as this is my first time seriously shopping for a toy of this calibur. What do you think of the price?
It has: Tower/Subwoofer/Tower Lights/Bimini/Balast/Tandem Trailer
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: 2000 Mobius Buying Advice
11-10-2003, 11:21 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
- San Luis Obispo - CA
2000 Mobius Buying Advice--------------------------
Need my first boat!
11-11-2003, 02:20 AM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2003
- Clermont, Florida
Make sure you take it for a test drive.....try to resist the euphoria of driving such a fine machine, and listen for noises, vibrations, etc.
Maybe some Mobious owners on this board can help you out with more specific stuff to look for.
11-11-2003, 11:44 AM #3Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2003
- Fort Worth, Texas
Couple of Things
Couple of other things:
* Integrity of decking (floor) bounce around all over it to make sure there are no weaks spots hidden under the carpet.
* Prop and Shaft
* Make sure to check the platform mounts as you will read in some other posts there have been problems on some boats with them cracking through the transome
*Make sure all the gauges work properly especially the depth gauge.
* check the winch, axle(s), lights, and brakes on trailer
Steering make sure it is tight with limited "Play"
* Obviously check all the speakers to make sure they work as well as the CD/Tape/Changer which ever it has.
* Check the rear holdowns and rope cleat (please tell me you will never use this)
*Lastly, Check for any indications that the previous owner used the boat to pull a tube or any other inflated toy. If they did you will probably have to take the boat to a priest to have the demons driven away before you can wakeboard or ski effectively with the boat.
Hope this helps and good luck!!Matt Elliott
By ThunderCat in forum Service & RepairReplies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
By snowguy1975 in forum Moomba ClassifiedsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-12-2006, 04:15 PM
By 98mobiusbda in forum Wakeboarding | WakeskatingReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2006, 01:14 PM
By superman in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:27 PM
By BigRed in forum Boat OwnersReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2003, 09:44 PM