Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,166

    Default Endless Wakesurfing Solved!!

    I believe that I have solved the issue with that really long wakesurfing run that only ends because your back leg just gets to tired. Well, with the correct form and a slightly different technique, you can surf all day long and you don't have to worry about spilling your beer either!!! Let me know what you think!!!

    P.S. We did this Friday in the wind and rain from Fay. We got kind of bored with all of the chop and this is what we came up with.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    332

    Default

    What I think? A minute and 56 seconds is way too long for just one beer. Cummon Jesse you gotta do better than that!!!!!!
    06 Outback V

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byronkoz View Post
    What I think? A minute and 56 seconds is way too long for just one beer. Cummon Jesse you gotta do better than that!!!!!!
    You have to cut me a little slack, this was the third attempt. I had failed to drink an entire beer and stay on the wave the previous two beers. I figured I needed to concentrate a little more on the third beer. I am not sure I could have caught the wave after that......the next time out, I will try to make you proud and get it under a minute....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Jesse,

    That's pretty impressive. Now you need to install a cup holder on your board!

    Al
    Al

    2006 Mobius LSV

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA / Big Bay Lake, MS
    Posts
    2,246

    Talking

    Or, Will the new suction cup Coolies work on the surfboard??

    WHOA< I should order more!! One for wakeboard, one for surfboard!!
    Brad

    Mississippi/Louisiana
    2011 Launch 21V
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    Jesse, is that the new alias or the ocean board. If that is the Alias how do you like it, I am having trouble finding one local and the web seems to be sold out.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    7,052

    Default

    Jesse,

    Man your music covers quite a range! Creedence for kneeboarding & do I hear Dana Dane as the surfin' music?

    My ipod has a bit of everything too. My girls, 8 & 6, even got me to put some of their favorites on there. Hanah Montanna has been know to rock out the Moomba! Oh, that's pretty embarrassing . . .
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Only caution is that we found when surfing in the seated position we eat a lot of carbon monoxide, so we've put the brakes on seated and laying; just standing, until I do the Fresh Air Exhaust.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Jesse, is that the new alias or the ocean board. If that is the Alias how do you like it, I am having trouble finding one local and the web seems to be sold out.
    That was done on the Alias 5'0", I absolutely love that board. It snaps loose really easily, I have done a few 360s on accident (I lost the wave though). It has a skim board loose feel to it. My buddy Tommy has never surfed before and he got up on it first try and free surfed about 20 yards before loosing the wave. I do not really have anything to compare it to since all I have ridden is the ocean board and the alias. I would definately buy it again, I can ride for as long as I want. The seated video was done at 9.8 mph, 900 lbs on the port side, about 250 up front, wakeplat at about 10% and three skinny folks in the boat.


    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131
    Jesse,

    Man your music covers quite a range! Creedence for kneeboarding & do I hear Dana Dane as the surfin' music?

    My ipod has a bit of everything too. My girls, 8 & 6, even got me to put some of their favorites on there. Hanah Montanna has been know to rock out the Moomba! Oh, that's pretty embarrassing . . .
    Yeah, you caught us. My wife has about 9 gig of music on the ipod and she always has something new or familiar playing. I love the range of music that she has. We play everything but country....


    Quote Originally Posted by moombabound
    Only caution is that we found when surfing in the seated position we eat a lot of carbon monoxide, so we've put the brakes on seated and laying; just standing, until I do the Fresh Air Exhaust.

    Yeah, the fumes usually are an issue, but when you are wakesurfing in hurricane Fay the fumes tend to not hang around. Where we made the video is normally as flat and glassy as water can possibly get. Except in a hurricane. The chop was about 8-9 inches tall and the wind was around 20 mph so there were no exhaust fumes. Normally I would not do this on a calm day where you would have been sitting there sucking beer and fumes......it makes the beer taste funny. In all seriousness though, you are completely correct. Do not do this on a calm day where there is no wind in the seated or laying position.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Or, Will the new suction cup Coolies work on the surfboard??

    WHOA< I should order more!! One for wakeboard, one for surfboard!!
    I'm waiting for Ian to post the video demo of how well the Coolies hold on the surfboard or wakeboard.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •