I have been thinking about tinting my windows myself to save some money And I have 3 questions
1. How do you take the windows out? I really havent look to closely at them
2. If I get some tint from a auto shop of even wally world is that good enough tint?
3. Is it as easy as the guys on the tv make it look
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Thread: Window Tint?
04-19-2009, 02:14 AM #1
Window Tint?2007 Outback V
04-19-2009, 07:43 AM #2Banned
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Paducah, KY
1. Never taken the window out?
2. That stuff from the part store and wally world is junk.
3. Boat windows suck period, the curve is a pain in the a$$. I know this because I installed window film for 3 years while going to college. So to answer question number 3 take it to a pro with professional film or you will just have a large headache.
04-19-2009, 10:51 AM #3
Search, I have seen post about removing the glass then taking to tint shop. I dont know for a fact if they were using strips to make the curve or 1 single sheet. The front curves spook me, other wise tinting ur self is not rocket science.
04-19-2009, 12:19 PM #4
Well I found the post about getting the windows out that part seems easy
Warwagon - I kinda wanted to do it myself could you recommend a tint I could order online2007 Outback V
04-19-2009, 12:30 PM #5
I have checked our local shop will sell just the tint, bet it is cheaper online thou.
Please keep this thread update as you progress. Others may be doing the same project...(me )
04-19-2009, 12:41 PM #6
I want to try to do this hopefully this week I will take pics If I do it myself but like you said that curve is spooky looking, but after watching about 10 different tinting clips on youtube I have a better knowledge on how to work the curve
I tinted the windows on my last truck but... I sold it after a year so im not sure how it held up2007 Outback V
04-20-2009, 03:49 PM #7
anyone else have any pointers2007 Outback V
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM #8
IF i was to do it then i'd have the local tint guy down the street do it, $75 if i bring in the windshield.2007 Mobius LSV
04-21-2009, 06:30 PM #9
C rix I'm a pretty patient guy and I tried and tried to lay down tint on my lsv and couldn't do it. The curved glass is a pita. Even the tint guys have a hard time and they do it every day. Save yourself the headache and take it to a tint shop.
PWI as usual...
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM #10