Carbon Monoxide and Water Sports
- Carbon Monoxide: A Silent Killer: view article
Carbon monoxide, sometimes called a “silent killer,” is a hazard that all boaters should be aware of. It is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that can overcome an individual in a matter of seconds.
- Educational Information about Carbon Monoxide: view article
Technical report provides educational material relative to boats and boating.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: What You Can't See: view article
Information about how you can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning on recreational boats and other safety related information.
- USCG/ABYC Carbon Monoxide Safe Distance Study: view article
The need of a minimum safe distance to tow persons behind a gasoline powered vessel.
- USCG Press Release on Carbon Monoxide and Teak Surfing: view article
Provides articles and links on the dangers of carbon monoxide and teak surfing.
- USCG Carbon Monoxide Information :
Where CO may accumulate | How to protect yourself | Checklist and Maintenance